THE KEY TO
TIMES GROUP has shown not only its flair for the design of the ultimate in luxury lifestyles but also confirmed its commitment to environmentally sustainable development.
We demonstrated that by setting out to build the first LEED® certified residential condominium in Markham – a testament to the company’s dedication to both the environment and the community. And we’re busy creating new LEED® developments in Richmond Hill as well.
Now at Key West on the Etobicoke waterfront, TIMES GROUP is building with an even greater green commitment to our planet and our purchasers, incorporating still more energy-efficient features, environmentally friendly materials, and construction practices that minimize waste.
In doing so, we will set ourselves an even higher standard for Key West and seek to make it a candidate for Toronto Green Standard TIER 2 – the highest green building standard that exists in the industry.
- Double glazed, Low-E windows with argon gas fill to provide added comfort and reduce heating and cooling costs.
- High pressure, low-flow shower heads to reduce energy consumption for domestic hot water without sacrificing bathing comforts.
- Energy Star™ appliances to reduce electricity use.
- Sub-metering for individual allocation of electricity costs.
- Best Practices Commissioning of major mechanical equipment by third party energy management firm to ensure that systems operate at optimal performance levels.
- Occupancy sensors on lighting in non-essential common areas.
- CO2 monitors in the parking garage to activate air handling equipment when needed (versus around-the-clock) saving money on fan operation.
- On-site treatment of storm water to remove particulate matter.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
- Continuous fresh air provided directly to occupied units.
- Interior latex-based paints, adhesives & sealants certified by the Environmental Choice Program to ensure ultra low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
- Indoor Air Quality management plan during and after construction to ensure healthy living space when you move in and for the life of the building.
- Adhesive-free hard surface flooring for easy maintenance to remove dust and allergens and reduce off-gassing.
- Best practice ventilation and air sealing practice to eliminate transfer of tobacco smoke between suites.
- Low flow, high pressure shower heads and faucets.
- Dual flush water efficient toilets.
- Water efficient landscaping and storage of rainwater to eliminate consumption of potable water for irrigation.
- Front loading Energy Star™ washing machines (use less water and detergent).
- Individual suite metering will provide incentive for occupants to reduce consumption.
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL FEATURES
- Walking distance to public transportation.
- Diverting construction waste to reduce landfill loads.
- Recycle facilities that permit convenient separating and disposing of recyclables.
- Additional secure bicycle sorage space conveniently located.